Our volunteers truly understand the need to save the lives of English Bulldogs in Southern California and provide critical support to us in order to do our jobs. Whether it helping to walk and bathe dogs, working at an event to educate the public about rescue, or seeking donations and support from businesses, your time and hard work will make a big impact on the lives of our bulldogs in need. We have volunteer opportunities of all kinds that can fit most schedules and lifestyles. We hope you will join us!
Interested in becoming a SCBR Volunteer?
Getting started is easy! Fill out the brief application at the bottom of this page. When we receive your application, our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to continue the process. Be sure to check your spam/junk mail folders for e-mails. We look forward to having you join our organization.
What volunteer opportunities are available?
- We are always in need of foster homes. You can provide temporary housing for rescued Bulldogs, even if only overnight in an emergency. Click here for more information on fostering.
- If fostering isn’t for you, we also need help with home checks, transport, shelter checks, and visits to dogs who are being surrendered.
- Donations. Donating food, medications, equipment, supplies and raffle items. We also accept monetary donations through personal checks or Paypal. Click here for more information.
- If you are more interested in the social aspect of rescue you can help with fund-raising events.
- Help us with socializing and training rescued dogs.
- Give advice to current Bulldog owners to help them keep the Bulldog instead of giving him/her up to the rescue program.
- Contact animal shelters and veterinarians to get their commitment to call Bulldog rescue when they know of a Bulldog that needs a new home.
- Post rescue flyers or business cards at vets offices, animal shelters, pet supply stores, and other places dog lovers visit.
- Educate people about the importance of buying puppies only from reputable breeders. Tell everyone you know never to buy puppies from casual/backyard breeders, pet stores or puppy mills.
Please fill out the form below and let us know how you can help SCBR! (Applicants must be 18 years or older.)
PLEASE NOTE: You will be contacted by our volunteer coordinator, Patty. If you submit the info below and don’t get a response, please check your spam folder or contact us here.