As many of you have seen in the news, we recently acquired 12 English Bulldogs from the Baldwin Park Animal Shelter after they had been seized from their home by authorities. These dogs are now a part of the Southern California Bulldog Rescue family, joining approximately 70 other English Bulldogs already in our care and looking for homes. Many of these bulldogs, in addition to ones we have taken in outside of this situation, require a lot of time and effort to be made healthy and adoptable. Sadly, we see dogs come into rescue like this all the time, often in deplorable conditions, but their stories do not make the news as the Baldwin Park dogs did. This is every day in rescue. All of the care for these dogs comes as a great expense to Southern California Bulldog Rescue, which is currently handling over 80 English Bulldogs in its care right now. We are looking for assistance in caring for these dogs that desperately need medical care and rehabilitation to get their second chance in life and find new, loving homes. We are a 501 c(3) non-profit organization and rely entirely on donations to support us.
I want to help! What can I do?
- Donate money through Crowdrise (http://www.crowdrise.com/nblb)
- Check with your employer to see if they do matching donations (List of some here.)
- Make your impact last longer with a recurring monthly pledge (More info here.)
- Share the cause with your friends and family
- Have your own fundraiser (bake sale, etc.) & donate the proceeds back to SCBR
- Other creative ways can be found here.
What will the funds be used for?
Southern California Bulldog Rescue spends approximately $15,000 a month caring for the dogs in its care. These costs include, but are not limited, to the following:
-Food (including special and restricted diets)
-Treatment for Kennel cough
-Treatment for Auto immune deficiencies
-Treatment for Megaesophagus
-Entropian eye surgeries
-Spays and Neuters
-Treatment for fractured & broken legs
-Treatment for urinary stones and tract infections
-Treatment for various heart issues
-Medicated baths for skin issues
Estimated monthly cost for dogs in rescue: $15,000
Will I get anything for my donation?
Besides a warm, fuzzy feeling in your heart, we are offering some thank you gifts to our supporters.
- All donations above $25 will receive a pawtographed photo of one of the dogs in rescue that you are helping.
- $50 donations will receive a SCBR keychain and 2013 SCBR Calendar
- $75 donations will receive a SCBR keychain and a limited edition SCBR Holiday Ornament
- $100+ donations will receive an exclusive, limited edition â€œNo Bulldog Left Behindâ€ tote bag
What about the Baldwin Park dogs? Tell me more!
These are all adult dogs (there are NO PUPPIES) and they are currently receiving veterinary care to make them healthy and adoptable. When they are healthy, they will be made available for adoption. There are no puppies and none are expected. The dogs from Baldwin Park need medical care for the following issues:
-Spays and neuters
-Entropian eye surgeries
-Antibiotics for upper respiratory infections
-Fractured growth plate
-Mammary gland removal
The total estimated cost for the treatment of the Baldwin Park dogs is approximately $5000.
I want to adopt a dog! How do I do that?
If you live in the Southern California area (excluding San Diego) and are interested in adopting an English Bulldog from us, please visit our website at www.socalbulldogrescue.org and fill out an application. All adoptions require an application, homecheck and adoption fee. Please note that we normally do not see healthy puppies in rescue and do not take applications just for puppies. We are currently accepting applications for adoptions of any of our 80 English Bulldogs currently in rescue.