Southern California Bulldog Rescue provides shelter, re-homing assistance, and funds for medical treatment for over 100 bulldogs each year. These dogs come to us from animal shelters, other rescue groups, and owners who wish to surrender their purebred bulldogs. We help bulldogs in the Southern California area find suitable homes. Our network consists of many volunteers who foster, do home checks, transport, and place bulldogs who come into our program. Over 1000 bulldogs have been placed thru rescue in Southern California during the last 10 years. We rely entirely on donations for support.
The mission of Southern California Bulldog Rescue is to rehabilitate and find loving families for homeless bulldogs. Our goal is to provide the care and time needed to prepare unwanted bulldogs for placement. We pledge to do our best to make sure they have a good life.
- To accept Bulldogs whose owners can no longer keep them.
- To retrieve Bulldogs from shelters or any other source so they may live to see another day.
- To find responsible, stable, loving new homes for all rescued Bulldogs.
- To only place Bulldogs that have been neutered or spayed, to help reduce the population of unwanted pets, by having the necessary surgical procedures performed before placement.
- To rehabilitate Bulldogs before placement by providing necessary medical treatment and training to increase the chances of successful placement.
- To place Bulldogs in suitable homes as soon as reasonably possible, so they can start their “new lives” quickly.
- To thoroughly screen applicants before making placement decisions.
- To inform prospective adopters about the rescue program and the requirements for taking care of Bulldogs.